Our Careers Department assists students in planning for the future. There is a well-resourced Careers Department and students can access a wide range of online careers resources and guidance software through Godalming Online. Our professionally qualified careers staff offer advice on preparing a CV, applying to university, specialist art/music/drama courses, gap year opportunities, employment and training. All students have access to one-to-one guidance interviews.
- Advice on the Higher Education application process from providing initial guidance on choosing universities to help with personal statements, open days, mock interviews and completion of application.
- The Aim High programme which supports students applying to competitive courses at Oxford and Cambridge and courses such as Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
- Help with specialist further and higher education applications to art, music and performing arts colleges.
- Information about conferences and taster courses e.g. for medicine, veterinary science, law and engineering.
- Information on gap year placements, employment opportunities and career options.
- Visits by representatives from specialist careers such as the Armed Services to give presentations to interested students.
- Visits to the Surrey UCAS Convention, The National Apprenticship Show and Oxbridge Conference.
- Assistance with job applications by providing help to write a C.V., arranging a mock interview or help finding job vacancies.
- A whole range of special careers activities throughout the year.
Applying to university as an ex-student of Godalming College
If you are applying to university having left Godalming College and you need a reference from us please use the instructions on the Applying to university in 2019 as an ex student of Godalming College leaflet.