Our Careers Department assists students in planning for the future. There is a well-resourced Careers Department and students can access a wide range of online careers resources and guidance software through Godalming Online. Our professionally qualified careers staff offer advice on preparing a CV, applying to university, specialist art/music/drama courses, gap year opportunities, employment and training. All students have access to one-to-one guidance interviews.
- Advice on the Higher Education application process from providing initial guidance on choosing universities to help with personal statements, open days, mock interviews and completion of application.
- The Aim High programme which supports students applying to competitive courses at Oxford and Cambridge and courses such as Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
- Help with specialist further and higher education applications to art, music and performing arts colleges.
- Information about conferences and taster courses e.g. for medicine, veterinary science, law and engineering.
- Information on gap year placements, employment opportunities and career options.
- Visits by representatives from specialist careers such as the Armed Services to give presentations to interested students.
- Visits to the Surrey UCAS Convention, The National Apprenticship Show and Oxbridge Conference.
- Assistance with job applications by providing help to write a C.V., arranging a mock interview or help finding job vacancies.
- A whole range of special careers activities throughout the year.
Applying to university as an ex-student of Godalming College
If you are applying to university having left Godalming College and you need a reference from us please use the instructions on the Applying to university in 2019 as an ex student of Godalming College leaflet.
We will be running UCAS workshops on a drop-in basis which ex-students can attend for help with UCAS applications. They will run from 1-2pm in Room 320 every Monday lunchtime from 24th September to the 29th October (except half term Monday 22nd October). Please sign in at Main Reception before going to Room 320.