Learning and Study Support
Learning support is available to all students to enable you to complete your course successfully. All students take part in an initial screening process and complete a learning support questionnaire at the start of the first term. This is to make sure we identify everybody who might benefit from extra support. Further in-depth assessment may be carried out if necessary to identify exact needs.
Students are encouraged to make use of the support offered and to come and talk to us about any concerns.
A variety of support is offered, including:
- Drop-in learning, available to anyone who would like some help with their work
- In-class support, usually for level 2 and some vocational courses
- Individual support, long and short term depending on need
- Assessment for dyslexia and other specific difficulties
- Assessment for exam concessions, e.g. extra time, reader, computer, scribe, etc
- Specialist support for hidden disabilities such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADD/ADHD, and mental health needs
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) offer
Learning Support Reply Slip, 2016 Entry