Support for Progression
Things you can expect are:
- Entry to national competitions, Olympiads and challenges
- Trips to enrich your learning experience
- Specialist interview practice or audition practice
- One-to-one mentoring opportunities with both staff and fellow students
- Excellent progression of previous students to specialist degree courses, degree apprenticeships and employment
- Support with UCAS applications, skills tests and personal statements
- Visits to universities or visits to college by university lecturers and admissions staff
- All students have access to one-to-one guidance interviews
- Art Foundation support with portfolio building for specialist arts courses
- Extended Project Qualification to enhance you knowledge and skills in an area of particular interest
Our Careers Department assists students in planning for the future. There is a well-resourced Careers Department and students can access a wide range of online careers resources and guidance software through Godalming Online. Our professionally qualified careers staff offer advice on preparing a CV, applying to university, specialist art/music/drama courses, gap year opportunities, employment and training. All students have access to one-to-one guidance interviews.
STEM has become a well-known acronym for academic study in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. At Godalming College we have invested specialist teaching time and resources to support students who wish to succeed in these areas by introducing additional challenges, visiting speakers, regular trips and increasing links with universities and industry.
There is an an additional programme of support for progression for those students whos ambition is to gain a place at Oxford or Cambridge, or to apply for highly competitive courses, such as medicine and veterinary science, or indeed other specialist courses such as Art Foundation.
Our bespoke programme offers structured and dedicated support.
NB. All Careers Guidance notes for parents and ex-students can be found here