In December 2019 Godalming College was inspected on the new Education Inspection Framework and was found to be OUTSTANDING. We are the first specialist Sixth Form provider in the country to be awarded outstanding under the new framework and the first College in the South East region to retain its Outstanding status against this and previous frameworks.
Some highlights from the inspection are as follows:
Download Ofsted report
- “Students thrive in the atmosphere of industrious learning that leaders and staff have created.”
- “Students greatly enjoy their time at college and relish their education.”
- “Trustees, leaders, managers and staff have very high expectations of their students. They have developed an outstanding culture in the college, which concentrates strongly on learning and developing students’ independent learning skills.”
- “Students are strongly motivated to learn.”
- “Disadvantaged students and those with special educational needs/and or disabilities (SEND) receive useful support both within class and from specialist support teachers.”
- “Almost all students know how to improve as a result of the clear and effective feedback they receive from their teachers.”
- “Students benefit from useful and informative careers advice that helps them decide their next steps after college.”
- • “…..students benefit greatly from the newly introduced ‘+Enrichment' programme. They enjoy their learning and understand how their extra study enhances their career prospects.”
We are very proud of the achievements all our students with a strong track record of consistently high results. Here are some of the highlights from the 2020 exam results.
Download Exam Results 2018
Download Exam Results 2019
Download Exam Results 2020
- The A Level pass rate at 99.8%
- The A*-B grade rate at A Level is 67.6%
- The A*-C grade rate at A Level is 88.4%%
- The BTEC pass rate was 100% with 93.5% of entries at Distinction* to or Merit grade
The Department for Education (DfE) publishes performance tables on all education providers of primary, secondary and 16-18 education. Post 16 providers are measured by progress, retention, English and Maths and student destinations. The performance tables also report on Ofsted judgements, finance data and other aspects of a school or college’s operation. As well as our recent Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ judgement, the performance measures further demonstrate the excellence of our results at Godalming.
A Level Progress Score (Value Added): This is an analysis of how much progress students make from their prior attainment at GCSE to their final outcomes at A Level:
Our A Level Progress Score of 0.22 means that Godalming students, on average, achieve one fifth of a grade higher than expected. As Ofsted state: ‘The proportion of students who make better than expected progress is very high’.
For more information about the DfE Performance Tables click here
Godalming College individual page click here
Comparison Tables click here
Enabling students to successfully progress after Godalming is a key priority for us. We take pride in supporting students with their applications to whatever is their chosen destination. Indeed, our broad and individualised study programmes enable students to access a full range of progression routes. As a result, students leave Godalming with confidence and optimism about the future. “Most students progress to their first choice of university or specialist college.” Ofsted 2019
We are particularly proud of the HESA data which demonstrates that the education and all-round experience that students have at Godalming College is excellent preparation for success at degree level.“Very many students from Godalming College go onto to gain first class or 2 (i) degrees.” Ofsted 2019
| Godalming College
| Sixth Form Colleges
| Independent Schools
| State Schools
Apply for a place at this top performing college here