In December 2019 Godalming College was inspected on the new Education Inspection Framework and was found to be OUTSTANDING. We are the first specialist Sixth Form provider in the country to be awarded outstanding under the new framework and the first College in the South East region to retain its Outstanding status against this and previous frameworks.
Some highlights from the inspection are as follows:
Download Ofsted report
- “Students thrive in the atmosphere of industrious learning that leaders and staff have created.”
- “Students greatly enjoy their time at college and relish their education.”
- “Trustees, leaders, managers and staff have very high expectations of their students. They have developed an outstanding culture in the college, which concentrates strongly on learning and developing students’ independent learning skills.”
- “Students are strongly motivated to learn.”
- “Disadvantaged students and those with special educational needs/and or disabilities (SEND) receive useful support both within class and from specialist support teachers.”
- “Almost all students know how to improve as a result of the clear and effective feedback they receive from their teachers.”
We are very proud of the achievements all our students with a strong track record of consistently high results. We are particularly proud of the 2019 results, which are some of the best ever at the College. Here are some of the highlights.
Download Exam Results 2019
- In excess of 770 students studied for A level exams and BTEC qualifications, with 2461 entries at A level,
- 311 BTEC National entries.
- The A Level pass rate at 99.3%
- The A*-C grade rate at A Level is 85.5%
- 729 of A Level entries achieved an A*or A grade
- The BTEC pass rate was 100% with 96.7% of entries at Distinction or Merit levels
The Department for Education (DfE) publishes performance tables on all education providers of primary, secondary and 16-18 education. Post 16 providers are measured by progress, retention, English and Maths and student destinations. The performance tables also report on Ofsted judgements, finance data and other aspects of a school or college’s operation. As well as our recent Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ judgement, the performance measures further demonstrate the excellence of our results at Godalming.
A Level Progress Score (Value Added): This is an analysis of how much progress students make from their prior attainment at GCSE to their final outcomes at A Level:
Our A Level Progress Score of 0.22 means that Godalming students, on average, achieve one fifth of a grade higher than expected. As Ofsted state: ‘The proportion of students who make better than expected progress is very high’.
For more information about the DfE Performance Tables click here
Godalming College individual page click here
Comparison Tables click here
Enabling students to successfully progress after Godalming is a key priority for us. We take pride in supporting students with their applications to whatever is their chosen destination. Indeed, our braod and individualised study programmes enable students to access a full range of progression routes. As a result, students leave Godalming with confidence and optimism about the future. “Most students progress to their first choice of university or specialist college.” Ofsted 2019
We are particularly proud of the HESA data which demonstrates that the education and all-round experience that students have at Godalming College is excellent preparation for success at degree level.“Very many students from Godalming College go onto to gain first class or 2 (i) degrees.” Ofsted 2019
| Godalming College
| Sixth Form Colleges
| Independent Schools
| State Schools